Sunday, August 18, 2013

Minnesota Vacation 2013

We took a summer vacation to my cousin Jens wedding in Minnesota.  My mom's family is all from there so it was a mini family reunion.  I flew out August 9th and spent the day with my mom and younger sister Gabby at the Mall of America, having brunch with a family friend, and visiting my grandpas grave sit in Fort Snelling.  My mom gave us some money and we spent almost all day and could not find one thing to buy.  We went out for ice cream that night.  Jason was flying in Saturday morning and we went to the Mall of America for a second time.  It was a lot of fun.  This time around we found stuff. Later that evening we had a fantastic wonderful BBQ at my cousin Nick's house.  It was very nice weather our whole visit there.  Jason and I stayed in a very nice hotel in White Bear, MN.  Our hotel room had a rubber ducky that they gave us. It was pretty funny.  We had a nice king bed which is always nice to have.  Our hotel at breakfast and it had a pancake maker that was so cool.  I had never seen one before.  It is so cool that even though it had been a year since I had seen my mom and Gabby every time we see each other it seems like we were never apart.

Sunday afternoon we went to my cousin Jen's wedding picnic at a park in downtown Minnesota.  It was a potluck and they re did their vows and it was a good time. After the wedding we went to the Minneapolis sculpture garden.  They had this cool cherry spoon thing and we took some funny pictures.  It was so nice to spend time with my family again.  My uncle Matt, cousin Hans, aunt Rose, cousin Sara and her husband Larry and there two kids were there also.  Also my cousin Nick, his wife Haja and there son Terrance.  It was nice to reunite with family again.  Monday morning we got together and ate White Castle hamburgers before Jason and I had to get on an airplane.  We were flying to Atlanta and then to Baltimore to pick up our car. Our flight to Atlanta was very calm.  On our way out of Atlanta it started raining and lightning really bad. We had a two hour delay.  Most of it was weather related and then their was a lack of a pilot and the luggage was not on the flight because of a delayed flight.  There was just no communication.  We sat on the tarmac for a long time.  We were on the plane an hour and a half before we finally got to Baltimore.  There were alot of people upset.  But, we made it home by midnight.  Unfortunately, Jason and I had to go to work the next day.  I felt bad Jason had to work at 7:30am. 

My mom and her sister sherry

My Mom, me and my sister Gabby

Me lifting the cherry, the couple behind us were entertaining

My sister straining to lift the cherry

My sister and me

My cute hubby and me

My sister trying to push the wall


St. Paul MN temple
Jason and me, it was cloudy but sunny somehow
Jason and I at the wedding

My mom, her sister sherry and her brother matt

No comments:

Post a Comment