Sunday, January 12, 2014

Christmas 2013 in Utah

This Christmas we went to Utah to visit my family and some of Jason's aunts and uncles and dear friends.  We left on December 18th and returned Dec 26th.  It was fun to meet my sister's new boyfriend.  He is a nice guy.  Thursday the 19th it snowed 8 inches.  The weather man said it was only going to be 2-3 inches.  We shoveled snow three times that day, it was crazy. That night we went to hang out with Jason's aunt and uncle and younger brother Chad at their house in Bluffdale.  It was good to play catch up with Chad since he has been at BYU-I for the past few months. 

Friday the 20th we went to Provo Utah to visit some of our friends and coworkers that we had while we were at BYU.  It was so good to see Julie and June our old bosses and see the changes on campus.  We both love the chocolate covered cinnamon bears and they did not have any, but we found one bag left and bought it.  Later that evening we met up with Mandy and Trevor and had a good dinner and visit with them.  It was so good to them. Saturday night we went on a double date with my sister to see the lights at temple square and city creek.  City creek has a water fountain in the middle of the shopping center. It has a cool light show and fire in the middle.  It was so cold but neat to see the lights and feel of the Christmas spirit a little more.  Sunday we went to church and got to see some close friends from when I grew up.  It is neat to see them and their families now.  Monday we went shopping and I accidentally left my purse in a dressing room.  I made it all the way to the car and realized I didn't have it. Luckily, no one had taken it and it was still in the same spot where I left it.  We watched movies with family and played games.  Christmas Eve we had burgers and mac and cheese for dinner.  It was yummy.  It was different than what we normally eat but it was good.

We read the birth of our Savior that night and opened up Pj's for Christmas.  Christmas Day we woke up and opened gifts and ate our french toast casserole and bacon.  Later that afternoon we had some of the elderly ladies my mom takes care of come over for lunch with ham and all the fixings.  It was delicious.  Rafa, me, Gabby, and Jason went to go see Frozen.  It was such a good movie.  It was funny to be a big kid at a Disney movie but it was good.  We sang the songs all the way home and Gabby wants Olaf.  While we were in Utah we had to eat at In and Out burger. So good, going to miss them.  It was so good to see my family and know that all is well with them. When they dropped us off at the airport I told myself no crying.  Gabby started crying and then I cried.  My family and I are close but we will see each other this summer.  We got home Thursday night at midnight and Jason went to work the next day for half a day.  I got us all repacked to turn around and go to Richmond that afternoon.  We went to spend the weekend with his side of the family.  We had a good visit, exchanged gifts and spent time with them.  We went to lunch with the grandparents and had dinner with his dad and Laura.  It was good to see them as well. New years eve we went to a basketball game and spent time at home resting and relaxing. 

Photos my sister took on Christmas Eve

Jason and I's Christmas card picture
Washington D.C temple lights

Salt Lake City Temple

Jason and I with the temple

Jason and I with the Christmas tree in the Joseph Smith Building

Joseph Smith Building Tree

1 comment: