Monday, November 10, 2014

Surgery Day

Me on Surgery Day, I represented the Y.
This all started with me having random sharp pain in July and getting checked out. I had two ultrasounds which confirmed I had a cyst that was growing to 3.5 cm and a polyp in my uterus.  The obgyn thinks it could be part of the reason we are not able to get pregnant.  All the other tests ran normal.  Before the Nashville trip we thought the surgery was on November 12th.  As we were leaving for our Nashville trip we learned that they moved up the surgery on Nov 5th which is three days after our trip.  I had to turn around things and get work off.  I was very scared, this is my first surgery.  I woke up and had to be at the Faifax Hospital at 10:30am.  We valet parked the car which was new but the hospital was so busy there were no parking spots. I wore BYU clothes to the surgery to represent the cougars.

We checked in and I tried to stay calm in the waiting room.  I was called back and changed into the beautiful gown.  They gave me an Iv which made me nervous.  I am not a needle person.  Instead of breathing out I held my breath and there was splashback.  The nurse that was going to inject me kept dosing off so it made me nervous.  Luckily, her supervisor came in and found another vein and it was in my wrist.  It hurt a little and my arm became numb.  I was able to be reunited with Jason and life was better.  The anesthesiologist was a great kind man.  Nurses were so kind and helped me calm down a little bit.  Once they put in the anesthesia into my Iv and rolled me away.  I was kinda in and out of and all I remember is being wheeled into an operating room and staring at the ceiling and them telling me I was doing a good job.  The nurse held my hand till I fell asleep.  The next thing I remember is waking up in a room with a nurse I had not seen before.  I looked at the clock at it was 3:15. I had been in surgery for 2 hours.  The nurse gave me some pain medicine in applesauce.  Jason came in a little bit later and I was so glad to see him.  I was given ginger ale and teddy grahams and ritz crackers.  They would not let me leave till I went to the bathroom.  They had me get dressed and moved me to a chair and out of the bed.  They sent Jason to get the car and someone wheeled me out to the car.  I am so grateful for the prayers and the kind words and the food that was sent our way.  I am so blessed that the Lord watched over me while in surgery. Surgery went well and hopefully this helps us become parents. 

I am recovering at home and slowly able to walk, long walks take alot out of me but I am doing better.

No comments:

Post a Comment