Friday, September 25, 2015

Surgery #3

On September 9th at 11:30 in the morning I went into my third surgery.  As some of you know we have had fertility problems and we found out last November I had a cyst that was causing a lot of pain, so we drained it in surgery.  In May we removed a cyst (borderline tumor) on my left ovary and this September surgery we made the decision to removed the left ovary and Fallopian tube. The doctor said that I was in the group that could have a borderline tumor return and it could be cancerous.  After much prayer and many tears we made the decision to go ahead with the surgery. Luckily, my chances of having a baby has not changed. 

I was a little nervous but have been through surgery before. Sadly my veins did not come so they had to put the IV in my wrist which hurt.  Good news was I was able to swallow 6 pills, which I am not the best at swallowing pills. While getting all set up in the surgery room, my OBGYN came in to say hi to me. It was very sweet.  I woke up in recovery and was very sore and left a few hours later.  I got  home and had a little snack and rested on the couch.  I was shocked to see that I had five openings in my stomach but I forgot about the biopsies as well.   Jason was very sweet and took great care of me.  It was rough waking up every four hours with either pain or needing to use the bathroom. I felt bad waking Jason up every 4 hours to help me out of bed. 

It has been two weeks since the surgery and I am doing alright. Day 2 I noticed I had some numbness in my left leg.  Apparently they can accidently hit a nerve while taking out a lymphnode so that is what happened. They said it would come back and thank goodness it has come back for the most part.  I am moving around a little better and able to drive small distances but I am sore at times and get tired easily.  I can't quite hold heavy things yet but I will work up to it and buildup endurance. 

We had my post op doctor visit yesterday and I am so glad we decide to remove the ovary and tube.  The doctor was glad also because in the 3 months between surgeries the borderline tumor had grown a little bit so I was in the group that it would of grown back.  Hopefully this is the last surgery and we can start a family.  I am feeling very grateful for doctors and modern medicine.  I have a few friends that are suffering from cancer right now and they are in my prayers and thoughts.  The Lord is in charge of our lives and he knows what we need but at times it seems very unfair.  I know that he loves us all and we are all strong and will get through the things that are put in our lives.


3 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that it went well and that your recovery is on the up and up. Your family is in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear that it went well and that your recovery is on the up and up. Your family is in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing! i'm glad that everything went well, and that you had Jason to take care of you! I hope you guys can start your family now!! we are praying for you! :)

    ReplyDelete