Sunday, July 14, 2013

Fourth of July Weekend

On the Fourth of July we decided to go downtown Washington D.C. to see the fireworks and hear the concert.  That morning our ward had a breakfast and a small program to celebrate the Fourth of July.  Later that afternoon we went to see Despicable Me 2, which is awesome.  It was a warm day so we waited till it got cooler to go through security to go sit on the capital lawn to watch the concert.  The concert was fun to listen too.  Scotty McCreery, Cory Montieth, Neil Diamond, Barry Manilow, Jack Evancko were some of the singers.  The fireworks were awesome, they also shot off cannons which scared me at first.  We began walking to the metro as the fireworks were going off to try and avoid the masses of people that were riding metro home.  We got on early and got a seat on the train home home.  Unfortunately, on the way home we got caught in between stations because the train in front of us had a malfunction and we were stuck for 20 minutes or so.  The next day both of us had to work, I worked all day with only 8 of my kids in my class. 

Saturday, of that same weekend we had tickets to the Washington Nationals baseball game.  The Nats won the game 5-4.  It was an exciting game.  It was a hot day but we got lucky that our seats were in the shade. After the game we had a post game concert. Thompson square was the band that was playing.  We were excited since we both like country music.  It was such a fun concert, it lasted for an hour and a half.  It was a good weekend.  I am so grateful for those that have served in the armed services so that me and my family can have the freedoms we enjoy daily.

Me and my minion from my happy meal
Jason and I on capital hill

The capital view

The Washington Monument and the fireworks

Me and Teddy Roosevelt

Me and the Pig
Bryce Harper in the oufield

Thompson square on the jumbo tron

The concert on the field

No comments:

Post a Comment